Friday, May 13, 2005

The Dog

Stay On The Path


I was determined to save my money on this trip. So I decided that I would take a connecting bus between Birimingham and Montgomery where I was to meet up with friends. Mapquest had put the triip at 99.11 miles. I hailed a cab at the airport, Greyhound Bus Station I said, I had already checked on one way fares by rental car, by limo service , I even looked at trains (which didn't serve the Birimingham - Mongomery coridor). The lowest I had seen was $125.00.

Safely inside the cab the cabbie asked where I ws going he said he would take me down to Montgomery for $100.00. The $25.00 Greyhound fare still seemed worth while. I didn't even try to bargain. There was a 5 hour layover but I had visions of putting my bags in a locker and walking around the down town aerea. No I said that' fine take me over to the dog....

DogsSMGreyhound 1

We have become ninety-nine percent money mad. The method of living at home modestly and within our income, laying a little by systematically for the proverbial rainy day which is due to come, can almost be listed among the lost arts.

--George Washington Carver, 1931

No comments:

ImageKind 2

Print & frame my art at Imagekind...