Thursday, September 27, 2007

Junot Díaz


Junot Díaz, originally uploaded by B I R D.

OAKLAND CA
Bloged @ Vizshun
Junot Díaz - Writer, at a book signing at Diesel Books in Oakland 09/26/2007 with his newest novel The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (2007) I try to buy books locally but here is a link to the Amazon Editorial Review Section

"My characters say a lot less than most people remember them saying. I don’t write dialogue really well. What I write really well is silence, the things that the characters don’t say, the gaps between people’s sentences, the ellipses between what we feel, what we see, and what we recognize. I think that’s where it all comes in. And of course I am someone who works in two languages. It’s not having quotes, not having italics, not having any of these things that separate the spoken word from thought-word, from narrative-word. For me, its also how I think about memory, how I think about language…" Junot Diaz

From: Interview with Junot Diaz
by Marina Lewis
Appears in Other Voices #36>

No comments:

ImageKind 2

Print & frame my art at Imagekind...